They're not yet President and Vice President of the United States but Barack Hussein Obama and Joe Biden are already preparing their assault on your right to keep and bear arms. On the official Obama transition website is his anti-gun agenda:
"Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment,which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."
I have a few problems with what they are saying because what they say generally goes unchallenged in the pro-Obama media. Consider these 5 points:
1. Obama and Biden want to "Address Gun Violence". Personally I've never seen a gun get violent. That's because it's an inanimate object is incapable of being violent. The term "Gun Violence" is just an effort to remove the responsibility for criminal acts from the criminal and place the responsibility on an object in an effort to destroy that object. It might be a cliche but I'm going to say it again, guns don't kill people - people kill people. We can add to that by saying, guns aren't violent - people are violent.
2. Repealing the Tiahrt Amendment doesn't give police officers a tool to fight crime because they already have the ability to access gun trace information when they are performing a valid investigation. Repealing the Tiahrt Amendment would allow private anti-gun organizations access to private gun ownership information for the purpose of bringing harassment lawsuits against gun manufacturers and even law abiding private citizens. Lawsuits? Yes, the anti-gun lobby want to be able to bring lawsuits against gun manufacturers for "wrongful death" as though the gun manufacturer pulled the trigger. They refuse to go after criminals and instead go after lawful businesses in order to achieve their warped ideals and enrich themselves.
3. Gun Show Loophole? There is no loophole. All firearms dealers are required to perform background checks on persons purchasing guns whether they are at their gun store or a gun show...the standard is the same. Still, anti-gun activists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. I'll say it again, there is no loophole. So it seems that Obama, Biden and others want to shut down gun shows altogether, limiting access to guns by law abiding citizens desiring to protect themselves, their families and their property.
4. Making Guns Childproof? Nobody wants children to get hurt but there's no such thing as childproof pill bottles much less child proof guns. It's a ploy to place an impossible and unrealistic burden on gun manufacturers. Better to enforce current laws requiring parents to keep the guns out of the hands of their children. Also, how about parents taking some responsibility and teaching their children what they should do when they encounter a gun?
5. Assault Weapons Ban...it's ridiculous. They say it's about banning "military style" weapons that "belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets." Of course the weapons banned are not military weapons at all and never have been. Further, the banned weapons are not used in crimes any more than any other type of firearm. Actually, about 35 times more people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knife, bare hands, etc.) as with all so called "assault weapons" combined.
These anti-gun measures will not make anyone other than criminals safer. They are meant to deprive you of your rights and ability to defend yourself so they have more power over you. Tyrants prefer unarmed subjects, it's really that simple.