Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Had A Dream

I don't wish Vice President Dick Cheney to have health problems, but the truth is that he has some heart issues. I do hope he's ok but since he's had these issues for so long they actually led to a daydream on my part.....

It was 2004 and I was in Laredo seeing some clients. During some of the usual chit-chat a client asked me who I thought the Republican party would run for President in 2008. I was at a complete loss. I actually had no idea, but as my mind wandered with the issue I came up with a possibility.

It went something like this...a year or two into Bush's second term VP Cheney would step down for health reasons. It would be entirely plausible because his heart issues are a matter of pulic record. With Cheney stepping down President Bush would be able to nominate ANYONE to be Vice President. There isn't an automatic succession to VP when the President is still alive. My line of reasoning/dreaming thought that Bush would appoint Condoleeza Rice to the VP position. Ha! Take that Democrats! Though Bush's appointee would have to be confirmed by the House and Senate (25th Amendment, section 2) who would ruin their Congressional career by voting against the first black person, the first woman, to be in the Vice President's office?

This would put Condi in the position of running for the presidency as a sitting Vice President with experience as VP, Secretary of State, and National Security Advisor. Condi versus Shrillary? Condi wins hands down. Oh well, it was just a dream.

No comments: