Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Dancing With The Stars Week 2

I knew it could happen. A "star" gets eliminated even though he dances better than the competition. I'm not sure how to "fix" Dancing With The Stars but something really ought to be done. Maybe what it takes is to change the voting system by giving more weight to the judge's scores in the first 4-5 weeks. By doing that the stars who give the best ballroom dancing performance would advance rather than the star with the biggest fan base. After all, how do you explain Jerry Springer doing so well last season? How about Wayne Newton this season? Ok, I voted for Wayne myself but that's the point I'm making.

This time around Albert Reed got eliminated though both his week 1 and week 2 performances were better than pseudo-star Mark 'the mouth' Cuban, or Wayne Newton. If the voting keeps going as a popularity contest then what's going to happen to Helio Castroneves? He's really a front-runner so far but how many people actually know who he is? Will he lose votes to a lesser dancer? How about Floyd Mayweather? He's doing pretty well, but will he lose votes to Wayne? On the women's side I'm really impressed with Sabrina Bryan. I'm wondering if she can take it all the way like Drew Lachey did. After all, he was a pop star with hip-hop dance experience like Sabrina's.

What do you think?

No comments: