Friday, February 13, 2009

OMG! I Agree With President Obama!

I know you can't believe it. I can barely believe it myself. I'm in complete agreement with President Obama for the first time and it scares me. What is it that we agree upon? Let's look back to Monday 2/9/9.

On Monday, President Obama held a prime time news conference. I don't hold that against him but in these "tough economic times" I would think that the networks would have benefited from some income from advertisers. Anyway, he's the President and like others before him he pre-empted one of my favorite shows. Ok, back to my agreement... During that press conference he stated that he had "inherited this recession". I agree. He did inherit this recession.

HE INHERITED THIS RECESSION FROM THE DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY IN CONGRESS!
All during the presidential campaign we heard about the "Bush Economy" and how out of control government spending was hurting us. We also heard about problems with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Yeah, government spending and Fannie/Freddie are big issues in this recession. But, let's remember a few things here. First, the "Bush Economy" turned Obama into a millionaire, had growth nearly every year, and had extremely low unemployment. Second, no President of the United States can spend anything other than his own paycheck that isn't appropriated by CONGRESS...and since the mid-term elections of 2006 Congress had been controlled by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senator Harry Reid and their merry band of Democrats. In other words, George Bush could spend only what Democrats approved. Third, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are overseen by Congressional committees run by...wait for it...Democrats.
Yes, I agree that President Obama inherited this recession, but he inherited it from his own family.

No comments: